1. Maybe she won’t cry this time… Hm, nope. There she goes.
2. Try reaching back to put the pacifier in. Root around to find it in her carseat and put it in again. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
3. Try jiggling the carseat a little, shushing her, and/or singing to her.
4. Decide I should stop messing with her and she’ll stop.
5. Hm, she hasn’t stopped.
6. Wow, she’s really worked up. It sounds like someone’s murdering her! (Chuckle a little at the intensity of babies’ crying).
7. Wonder if maybe something actually is wrong.
8. Get mad that she hasn’t stopped yet even though everything’s probably fine.
9. Start to lose it, imagining that she will continue crying forever.
10. Start crying myself.
11. Turn the music up loud.